Duke Energy Progress, LLC
Request to Adjust Rates for Costs to
Acquire and Operate NCEMPA Electric Generation Assets
(Docket No. E-2 Sub 1274)

10:00 a.m., September 21, 2021
(Following the hearings in Docket No. E-2 Subs 1272 and 1273)
Hearing Room 2115, Dobbs Building, 430 N Salisbury Street, Raleigh

On June 15, 2021, Duke Energy Progress, LLC (DEP) filed a request to adjust its electric rates due to changes in the cost of acquiring and operating electric generation assets that DEP purchased from the North Carolina Eastern Municipal Power Agency, with changes taking effect December 1, 2021. DEP’s request would increase the current Joint Agency Asset Rider costs for residential customers by 0.103 cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh). The increase in the monthly bill for a residential customer using 1,000 kilowatt-hours would be $1.03.

The Commission is holding a hearing in this matter on September 21, 2021, following the hearings in Docket No. E-2 Subs 1272 and 1273. The hearing will be held in Commission Hearing Room 2115, Dobbs Building, 430 N Salisbury Street, Raleigh. The Commission will begin with the testimony of public witnesses. (Here is information about how to give testimony before the Commission.) Weapons are prohibited at Commission hearings, and everyone entering the building must pass through a metal detector.

DEP customers may also submit written statements via email. Be sure to include the docket number in the subject line. Another option is to mail a statement to the Commission at the address below. In either case, after two or three business days, statements are made part of the official record for the proceeding, and can be viewed on this website via Docket No. E-2 Sub 1274.

Following the public witness testimony, the Commission will take the testimony of expert witnesses, including DEP employees. The public is welcome to observe this testimony.

The Public Staff – North Carolina Utilities Commission is a separate, independent agency that represents the using and consuming public in matters before the Commission, including rate change requests like this one. You can send the Public Staff a statement, or ask them a question, via email.


Social Media